Friday 17 April 2015

Hull Paragon Interchange

The Interchange
Is like a movie scene.
People everywhere
And yet I'm alone
Clutching a lukewarm Coffee
Everyone perks up to listen
the train woman's monotone song.
the 3:05 to Sheffield
will now depart from Platform six.

And not the one
with the black circular benches
That I had claimed
For the last 15 minutes.
I scurry with my three bags
bouncing off each other
to the rhythm of the next verse.
This train is formed of 5 coaches

A little boy
Trips on the sand coloured floor
And he cries
As his mother tries
to collapse a pushchair.
A small black screen blinks
orange letters
Places, times, platforms
But I don't stop to read
Train woman goes on,
First class is situated
Towards the rear of the train.

I stop on Platform six
Watching the train pull in
The windows are beaded with rain
And for a moment
I'm thankful for
The ridiculous arched roof.
The doors open with a hiss
then a clunk
As the end of the station song
Tells me that
An at seat service is
available on the train.







No comments:

Post a Comment